Thursday, May 28, 2009

From the Sea to Space

Time for the weekly visit to the Disneyland Resort.  As always, Disney's California Adventure is the first stop.

Looks like the walls with graphics of what is to come were placed in front of Golden Dreams

Some cement 

Last pictorial update, I mentioned that the Orange Stinger will be closing in July. Well, I think it may be closing a lot sooner than that. July 17th might be the last day for the attraction. So you may want to buzzzz on over before then to get one last ride on the bees.

More construcion pics on the bay

Now, lets head over to Disneyland

The rockets flying high above the ground

Looks like the planters are being formed

New pieces under the monorail beam

Looks like the new pieces are continuing all around

Work being done on the Orbitor

Well, that's about it for now. Time to head home

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update, Mint. Great pictures and captions as always.

    ~Stinkerton

    ReplyDelete
  2. (A) Great Post! (B) I love your blog and (C) I've added you to my favorites on my blog (D) Keep up the great work and photos, your getting me excited about the new DCA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there anything left of the old CA? We were there right after it opened and it looks like the entire park is being revamped.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot WAIT for Ariel's Undersea Adventure to open; you got me all excited :-) Great update as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic photos! Thank you for the update on DCA. Gee, it only took Disney 20+ years to do a Little Mermaid attraction....something is very wrong with that! Now I'm just hoping that when it's completed, it blows us away. DCA needs an attraction like that. Actually, it needs MANY more attractions like that! Thanks again for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw,thats a bit bittersweet. I used to work the Golden Dreams Theatre when I was a DCA castmember, lots of memmories. And, I can probably cite every line from that show....

    im not surprised they shut it down. I can remember starting shows for a whopping 2 guests.

    The little mermaid ride will be awesome though, its about time! Theyve been talking about it for a while--watch the little mermaid DVD, theres ride plans on it for the ride they were going to build in DL.

    Goodbye Califia!

    ReplyDelete